Thundercat Wiring/Alarm issues

royzaluk
This post is 2532 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys I bought the thundercat that had been standing for a while so collected it without getting it running. Got it home put a new battery on and new battery in the accumen alarm but following all instructions couldn't get the alarm to de activate. So decided to take it off which turned into a nightmare so ended up buying another harness without alarm attached. Fitted the harness pretty easy tried to start it with stand up clutch pulled in and engine cut out switch turned off but nothing happens only the oil light and fuel light come on but that's it, and neutral light on dash. I have bridged the stand switch wires just in case that was faulty and changed the relays and all fuses checked but still nothing. I'm running out of things to try and it's doing my head in. Fuel pump and starter work if connected direct, please help guys it's doing my head in. On the new harness it had three connectors where the alarm would fit, two of the connectors have bridging caps on with a wire on each bridging to another then there is the other connector with three wires one positive the other earth but goes to positive when switched then one earth, has this got anything to do with the problem I'm having? Any help would be appreciated guys.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

One of the few things that would help is your location. What year is the bike.

This kind of problem is a tricky one to fix, changing the loom out was a mistake. You would have been better stripping the old. While on the bike as you knew the loom worked and was just corrupted by the loom. The 'new' loom may have issues of its own that may cloud the issues.

Say hi in the new members area with some info about yourself as you will get far more help, you may get tagged as a one post wonder otherwise.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online