just need to cry a bit

lallasro
This post is 2505 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I remember when I use to do 10-12k miles with a pair of tyres. now, i`m lucky if I do 5500 during the winter and 5000 in the good weather.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Your lucky you get to do so many miles, I'm lucky if I get 2k total a year riding. My tyers are fine I just don't get enough riding time :(

2 hours ago, lallasro said:

I remember when I use to do 10-12k miles with a pair of tyres. now, i`m lucky if I do 5500 during the winter and 5000 in the good weather.

Yeah. Don't you just miss the cornering ability of those old wooden tyres? ;)

• Like 4

What, the old 'cheng shin chuckoffs'.

You can spot any long term rider who experienced those tyres, their riding style instantly changes when it gets wet. Modern riders hardly change their riding at all relying on the rubber far more than, I think is probably wise.

I remember those bloody things, never wore out but had the grip of a slippery haddock..! My2nd or 3rd bike had some cheap Japanese things on it when I got it, they were as hard as iron and actually rumbled when you rode on them, I'm one of Cynics riders, I have never gotten over the thought that this time (raining) I am going into that bush..!

• Like 1

The rear tyre I had on my FJ when I got it was awful. Manufacturer was CST (Cheap, shit tyre?) I had many a drifting session on that. Mostly the reason why I never got on with the bike, even with decent rubber I never had any confidence

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

I got chen shin on the tracker and it flew round Wombwell track and never stepped out at all!

That was a nice hot sunny day though

Although been behind you in the rain on that and it seems to handle really well

Yeah in the dry that one I had was fine. 4k miles later and it looked brand new. Tiny bit of moisture in the air and it would spin on acceleration [emoji29]

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

HAha! Does anyone remember those plastic trailie tyres that had a thread pattern like a Cadbury dairy milk ?.  I think they were Cheng Shin . I still get nervous when I think of those , and I still have those round scars on my hips !,

• Like 1

Them cheng shin"s,   were the words Nylon  on the walls.   if i mind ,, 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online