Xt225 anyone fitted better brakes, wheels or both?

Wessie34
This post is 2532 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm wanting to fit a better front brake and wondered what options there are. I don't want to totally overwhelm the front end so maybe a cbr600 caliper but then I'd need a different master cylinder, so maybe not ! Any suggestions please! 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Whats the bias on your tyres and what do you ride on the most.

Keeping your current brake at 100% is probably best. Unless your more SM biased.

As above really, everyone want's BIG brakes but forget that if you slam them on your impression of Superman is Not marked out of 10..! Go for it by all means but just remember the weight of the bike and the size of the tyre patch, to much brake is way worse than to little, to little you stop slooowly to much Superman.

Rather than cbr600 ? 

Think more fzr400. Thats whats on a TDR250 and it hauls my arse down from, er? 25mpg back to 40mpg ;) nicely. 

I certainly cant call foul seeing as im putting aprilia wheels in my tdr.

• Like 1

Sorry for the absence,  I've been struggling with the website security questions  !

The bike is only for road use and therefore has (Avon!) Road riders on. My wife generally rides it but we also stick it in the motorhome for hols and I ride it two up. So, ideally want a single disc set up,  but not a 2 disc type converted to one as I imagine that would be too grabby also. Rather than scour the Internet trying to work out what's suitable I assume one or two of you have done something similar  ? Thanks in anticipation  

Been looking at kawasaki ER5 brake system  (complete) on eBay,  might have a punt !