1999 650 Dragstar

BillBryant
This post is 2507 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, does anyone know if I can buy stainless steel rims and spokes for my 1999 650 Dragstar,, and if so, where from ?

Thanks......

Full Length Dragstar.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Bill, First it's nice if you say "HI" in the new members section you get more feedback if folks think your here for a while rather than info and gone..! You haven't filled in your profile so if I suggest somewhere in Scunthorpe and you live in America it's not a lot of use is it? If you just want opinions then go on Google. Just sayin..!

PS you can use any flag for your profile, some have.

Oh I see......I think this is the first site like this on any subject I have ever joined.......I will do what you suggest right now.......

• Like 1

That's ok mate just that we get A LOT of one hit wonders and folks just can't be bothered to answer if someone just want's info then buggers off without so much as a "thank you", really not saying that's you just it's nice if peeps say Hello. Ride safe.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2017 at 10:08 AM, slice said:

Hi Bill, First it's nice if you say "HI" in the new members section you get more feedback if folks think your here for a while rather than info and gone..! You haven't filled in your profile so if I suggest somewhere in Scunthorpe and you live in America it's not a lot of use is it? If you just want opinions then go on Google. Just sayin..!

PS you can use any flag for your profile, some have.

I have actually googled it to death, and come up with nothing......I LOVE stainless steel wheels.......chrome is so vulnerable on wheels....I don't actually think stainless can be achieved with a Dragstar......great pity......

Anything can be done, just depends if you want to put in the time or more importantly the money.

I'm doing a wheel change and bracing myself for what the spacers will cost me, with luck beer money from a firm over the road from our yard, it could be a ker ching moment too with the cost of labour and material these days.

Their not cheap and have an epic lead time measured in months which may well be a good indicator of work quality but central wheels will do most anything you want, for a price. Ring em though, the web site just takes you though the standard waffle.

• Like 1

I have given in, and bought a new chrome rim and done with......I just couldn't find a stainless one for love or money......

Yeah as above Bill, they aren't standard so you have to have them made, usually a couple of months lead time on stuff like this and payment up front. You can buy anything for your car and even parts for lawn mowers are available but bikes NAH..!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online