New member looking at XVS950

Pattman
This post is 2550 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good people,

New member in South West UK.  Looking at getting an XVS950 midnight star for commuting, bit of cruising and a bit of two up riding for myself and my wife which may tip it to the 1300.  I'm 6'3 roughly 15st, mrs is 5'1 and 8st.  Anybody do much two up on the 950?  It wont be much as mrs isn't much into bikes but don't want to be under powered when we do go for a jaunt.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cant speak for the xvs but my dad has a 750 Suzuki intruder that I have ridden with the wife and tbh even at 750cc go was no problem, stop was more of a concern.

My 250 has far more stopping power.

I would think either bike would be good. May find vibration becomes more obvious on the bigger machine possibly. Good luck.

I ride my XVS650 with my wife - propriety forbids details but combined weigh around 21/22 st (I guess) is no problem.  Haven't notice it underpowered when two up.

As Cynic notes, stopping takes a bit longer.

As above can't see it being a problem on the 950 as I never noticed any real difference in acceleration with the wife on the back of the 650.

The wife prefers the Honda ST1300 I have now though, her words after the first trip out on the Pan European was "That's so smooth compared to sitting on the back of that old tractor" meaning the XVS650

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online