Bishop castle this weekend

This post is 2513 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Drewpy nice guy that he is has very kindly offered to take me down on the back of his tdm to a place called Bishop castle to pick up my xjr next sunday, we have to leave quite early because I have to be home before 2:30 to go quad riding with my son & daughter don't know what kind of shape I'll be in by then but really looking forward to this weekend.

• Like 4

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Drewpy nice guy that he is has very kindly offered to take me down on the back of his tdm to a place called Bishop castle to pick up my xjr next sunday, we have to leave quite early because I have to be home before 2:30 to go quad riding with my son & daughter don't know what kind of shape I'll be in by then but really looking forward to this weekend.

Very kind Drewps. Enjoy your XJR Tommy! Looking forward to seeing pics.

• Like 1

Brilliant mate. Enjoy the ride and have a safe trip.

As I said before, I travelled overnight on the National Express coach (now there was a collection of strange folk) down to Birmingham where my mate picked me up at about 5am and drove me to Telford to pick up my xjr1200. He had already gave it a good going over so I just needed to see if I liked the look and feel...I did, so deal done I set off up the road. After a few miles I moved down the slip road onto the m4/m5? had a look to see it was safe then wound on the throttle to overtake a line of cars. After a bar gripping lunge forward I glanced down at the speedo it was nudging 120 and still climbing.  2 or 3 times more on the trip home I could have easily lost my licence (and liberty) by just winding it on to overtake....As I say enjoy the trip but ride safe.

Probably the only Jap bike I have regretted selling

• Like 2

Yeah have fun Tommy, stay safe mate.:D

• Like 1

Jimmy the first time I rode an xjr was in IOM a couple of years ago,  Steve a mate of Drews at the time gave me go on condition that I gave it some welly, I pulled out the carpark at the creg as a ferrari came storming round the bend so I opened her up! same thing happened to me I glance down at the speedo as I hit 120 I thought this must be an import surly that's kph! But there it was MPH When I got back to the creg . Drew said the whole car park was laughing as I cut up The Ferrari then shot off down the road great memories wanted one ever since. :)

Last year he give me a go of his Triumph Thruxton in the same place no Ferrari that time but really nice bike, I want of those as well but can't see that happening any time soon. :P

• Like 2

:photo2:...........................well   :popcorn:,,,,,,,,,did you get it..............or was you just Bashing the Bishop,,,,,:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Yes thanks John Drewpy done me proud :wank4az:no not like that, picked bike up today haven't had time to take any photos yet will try & post some tomorrow if I get time after work, yes I know its bank holiday but I'm self employed and don't get paid for being off and I have to pay for the bike somehow. :eusa_boohoo:

• Like 3

Nice one Tommy, you had us all holding our breath waiting to hear if you had got it or not.

still not took any pics yet, I was so stiff after quad riding and the trip down on pillion I couldn't get it out the garage after work today  

C'mon Tommy........We need our fix of pix

• Like 3

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:35 AM, Airhead said:

Fantastic Tommy? Can't wait to see the new ride. Good lad  Drewpy where's bishops castle?

a long way, great roads though

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Bishop's+Castle,+Bishops+Castle/@52.4922605,-3.0064525,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x48700ffd3b29af49:0x2702b017b6bfc73a!8m2!3d52.4900507!4d-2.9984386

first thing first Quads IMG_1226_zpsvccxvgel.jpg

great day out with me offspring

here she is still not had time to wash her yet IMG_1238_zpsbn9ubgga.jpg

IMG_1233_zpsnisvvcat.jpg

IMG_1241_zpssdzljhhb.jpg

• Like 4

Brilliant Bud, safe riding and that'll eat up the miles on next years Scottish Tour ;) 

• Like 1

Lovely mate, looks like someone has taken good care of it. You must be knackered now tho! :D

• Like 1

Thanks everyone looking forward to getting out on it again, went through the Mersey tunnel 3 times the other day just cos the exhaust sounds so good :D

Me likey :)

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online