Yamaha tzr 50 electrical problems

oliver.george
This post is 1455 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

OK, so my bike ( 2006 tzr 50 ) is being a real cow. The battery isn't charging on the bike, tested it with a multimeter ( even when reved, it stays at 12v ). It is quite hard to get started sometimes, and doesn't ride well at anything less than 7000rpm. The head and tail lights aren't working but the the signals are. Plus it likes to cut out every now and then

I'm starting to think the stator plate needs replacing ; any advice or help appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like your stator and or RR has fried.

Are you able to access the stator connection plug if so a quick test is to use a multimeter "Resistance setting" and then any pin from plug to ground. This should not read ANYTHING if it does give you a output reading your stator is fried..

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Ok it think yours is a 2 phase system. So which colur wires gave you the eeadon of 0.7ohms?

Please test the YR wire (yellow red) & W (white) wire as these are the output going to the R/R

1 = Stator

2 = rectifier regulator

4 = fuse

21 = Batteryccdf6a13c2dfe1288361adb1d0c99012.jpg

Ok.. that would indicate (atleast too me) that the stator needs to be replaced...1 thing to be aware of is that sometimes a failed stator can also take out the R/R aswell..

Are you able to remove the stator cover and inspect it?? If so your looking for a burnt side. It will be clearly visible..

Fuses??

Is battery still ok??

Is the bike running? Get you multimeter and connect to battery what are the Dc volt readings

1. No power just sitting

2. With ignition power

3. Running at idle

4. Running at 4000rpm?

We need to 1st find if the new stator and R/R are working correctly

So took it for a spin to get a new battery - got there, and all the headlights etc were working ! So stator doing it's job and the rectifier is new... So should be fine

Thanks for the help ; saved me a lot in garage fees !

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hello i have same problem... i change new stator, but isn't charging.. AC up from 8,5 to 19.. when push accseleration.  R/R i have 2 and was put in other TZR and fine .. but in my not working... w and y/r wires have short in ground. where is problem???

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online