Yamaha SR125 weird vibration of whole bike

Pichulec
This post is 2490 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello guys, maybe you will be able to help me. I own Yamaha SR125 '2000. Engine starts no problem, working smooth but.... When i accelerate I can feel vibration on whole bike but probably originated from the engine. When hand off of the throttle vibrations get lower. I feel it especially on low rpm when on higher gears. I checked it with the mechanic, I thought it maybe steering head bearings or wheel bearings but mechanic said there is a little play on head but nothing major. Wheel bearings are ok. He said bike is burning oil (but no blue smoke yet). Front tyre need to be replaced because is worn uneven, but i don't think that is the main problem. So what you guys think it can be?? Worn cylinder / piston?? What can be a possible source of this vibration? Chain is visible in the window so it's in usable range, not to loose i think.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

get to speed and pull in the clutch and see if the vibration stops.

that will elinminate or confirm the engine.

could be anything at this stage

As in 99% of these type of issues the quote.

"Not lose, i think".

Check it properly.

Yep as above if you have "looked" at it but haven't checked it then you need to CHECK it.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you checked front and rear wheel bearings? When were the chain sprockets last changed?

• 5 weeks later...

Chain sprocket changed a month ago. Wheel bearings are ok. Ive noticed that on first gear on low rpm whole bike is shaking like jelly, only higher rpm's reduce shaking.

And?

The problem is now, you have to check now, a chain can change pitch and start a vibration in a day. I had to adjust mine when i got home from work yesterday because it got wet on the way home. That was from 15 miles. 

Left work and it was fine, by the time i got home my toes had gone numb. Just barely a quarter turn on the adjusters and a drop extra of lube and smoooooooooth again.

It may not be your chain but you have to check stuff, just seeing it in the window, :rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online