FJR Engine.

slice
This post is 2557 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So as is usual I was having a quick look through what EBAY had to offer and came across an advert for an 2007 FJR1300 engine, that looks cheap I thought and bunged in a bid for £99, of course I was thinking I have no chance of getting that for that price! The fella selling it was local to me and he strips and sells car engines for a living, you know the sort, your engine goes pop and you can't be arsed to repair it yourself so you plump for an EBAY special which probably came out of a worse car than yours. Anyway the FJR engine is complete with all the gubbins included electrics and mechanicals. So I wait around all day and bugger me I got it! The cheapest engine I have ever seen on evilbay has been £400 so I go to pick it up on Tuesday. Just goes to show if your lucky these things can happen. Figure if I take the parts off I want I can still get my money back. Happy days!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You can't get enough  engines :D

I got spare engine for the xs400, 2 spare engines for the FZ very handy to have

• Like 1

What a bargain! That's crazy cheap.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The photos or it didn't happen right!

Photo: Photo: Photo: Photo: Photo: Photo:

Bloody car engine lol

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Forgot to say it was listed as "spares or repairs" but even so if I can get the bugger to turn over and strip the bit's I want to keep off of it it's going to save me a fortune on parts for mine. Just a replacement water pump and oil pump is an arm and a leg from Yam, the casings alone are worth more than I paid plus I get a full set of valves and cam shafts.

There is the possibility to swap my motor out as well just need an extended the lower left mounting adaptor and some minor wiring will see it fit straight in. :D

Well got it home today and it seems to be in really good condition, the guys at the warehouse lifted it into the back of the truck for me so no problems there only thing is I have to get the bloody thing out now! Still that's what son's are for isn't it and I have 2 of them? Anyway it appears that it's a 2007/09 vintage motor and has all the bit's I wanted still attached so the next couple of weeks will be see me taking stuff off and bolting stuff back on to it. I am thinking of doing a generator swap for the newer version to take it from 200 volts output to the newer 430 volt version, just need to score an uprated regulator from somewhere and the jobs a goodun! Then I can attach all the toys to it without the lights going dim. Got a grin a mile wide at the moment.

More likely 200vA to 430vA.

• Like 1

Yes AMPS FFS! :shakeno: I think 430 volts would be a bit overboard. :lol: