TZR250 Stator no spark

mcferreira100
This post is 2477 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi..i have a TZR250 1KT which after restoration found the bike had no spark. Took it to a friend who after some testing decided to replace stator with a spare he had. He wanted his stator back so I had mine rewound..tested for spark and we put it back in but found it had no spark again. I know my stator works so after some enquiring have been told there is a difference in the 1KT and 2MA ignition systems (one uses earth to kill spark and other uses positive) which could mean bypassing something in the ignition switch to get it working. Im still using the borrowed stator and trying to get the guy to sell it to me. Can anyone shed some light on what is going on? 

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You do know that a "stator" does not produce a spark!..

That is a job for the coil and spark plug...

A stator produces current which runs into the R/R which is converted to volts and is used to charge the battery...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not on yam 2strokes. The stator powers the cdi and coil. A tdr will happily run without a battery at all.

Powervalve can get cranky but zero connection from battery to spark.

If the stator winding for the ig fries you will have no spark. There are separate coils for charging.

Dont know how the later bike's ig kill sw opperates to comment but as far as i know the stators are the same.

I'll have a look.

Still.. the stator does not produce the spark.

Yes creates cunnert to provode the spark but does not create it..

The OP should check their coils, cdi or ignitor, it is possible they could have failed..and this could be the reason of no spark.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Thanks Cynic

All i know is..had no spark..changed stator..then we had spark

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online