Wrong fuel....

Cynic
This post is 2519 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Finally done it.

Got a diesel car, drive a diesel truck, it was only time before I put petrol in the car or.........

Yep, sussed it at 3.96L, same label, same Ultimate logo, just one is red the other black. Guess how they do it at BP!

Anyway the 'eastern' staff were as helpful as the handbook permitted and I had a flat phone and 50 miles to do. Well once upon a time my old man did the same in his car, his solution was more fuel. So I brimmed it for want of a better timely solution.

Well it worked, mainly because of the vacuum fuel tap meaning the bugger would start cleanly because the carbs were uncontaminated, then a VERY smoky trip home. It did stink, no exotic 2 stroke smell. More like a bad traction engine rally.

So a TDR 250 will run with over 25% diesel mix lol. Not bad for a 'fragile 2 stroke'.

Still got to drain the bad fuel out but it got me home.

• Like 4

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I did it on the old H2.  @ Berwick,,  Fogged the A1  for a few miles , i thot i"d blown a crank seal,   pulled over  , pulled the fuel pipe, let the tank run on the ground. mate went for fresh,  it ran ok,  too   but  fogggy :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, blackhat250 said:

I did it on the old H2.  @ Berwick,,  Fogged the A1  for a few miles , i thot i"d blown a crank seal,   pulled over  , pulled the fuel pipe, let the tank run on the ground. mate went for fresh,  it ran ok,  too   but  fogggy :rolleyes:

That's the thing, with the way the tdr is put together with all the fun stuff behind the exhausts or the front fairing panels its spanner time to do anything.

2ft of hose and a bucket was all I needed. Could the useless herberts in the fuel station get any of that. yep, the bucket.......... So emergency what if option c

Bad luck mate, so your going to be carrying a 2 foot length of hose pipe from now on then yeah! "Yes Officer it's for when I put diesel in it!"  Related image

• 4 weeks later...

Haha !  Years ago my girlfriend's dad bought her a VW Golf (petrol) .  Being the nice chap I am I told her I'd fill the tank for her . And I did , yep right to the brim with diesel !  Luckily enough the lads at the filling station had a pump thingy to drain the fuel . Refilled with the correct motion lotion and away she went , just the odd cough , hiccup and/or  belch of funny smelling smoke . Oh , and the car was fine too .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online