Yamaha dt 125 2stroke

Famousphil
This post is 2555 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I believe all DT/CT/AT yamahas were oil injected when they left the factory, It was called, Auto Lube,

But many people I don’t know why, believe that they were better served by blanking off the oil pump,

So you need to look for an oil tank, oil feed pipe from the tank to the motor and an oil delivery pipe from the motor to either the carburettor or to the cylinder manifold, also the throttle cable splits into two short cables at a junction point under the tank, one connects to the carburettor the other connects through a short tube in the engine casing and attaches to the pulley on the oil pump, more throttle = more oil delivered, oh, and the pump drive shaft needs to be present,

And as a final check I would remove the oil pump engine case cover and see that the pump was fitted and set up correctly,

If you want more from other members on the site you will be better served by saying hi in the new members bit,

pictures would help,

A google search for info and pictures will also provide most of the data you need,

A j

Your right In 74 it wasn't a DT, they didn't exist but they were ALL injected. Now is anybody's guess.

Look on the front throttle side of the engine, behind a cover will/should be the oil pump this will have pipes and a cable from/to. Then track from there follow the thick line to the tank and see what's in there.