Set Up Account Verification

Alex
This post is 2572 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• Admin

Hi all,

I've had several requests to look at adding two factor authentication to users accounts. I've just set this up and you'll be seeing a pop up with information to set this up. This is optional and you can chose at the bottom of the window to opt out, you won't have to see this again if you opt out.

You can either use the Google phone app to authenticate or answer an additional security question.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers

Alex

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ah, glad you put this up I thought it was some kind of hack.

Might have been better posting it as a link from this thread though so we can see it has at least a level of trust. I'm no techno whizz and screens that pop up like that at the front of a website could be seen as hostile.

I turned it down. Asking the obvious question, can people opt back in if they do as I did and opt out through ignorance.

i deletes my passwords,  [ system clean]  and when tths poped up, as well as sign in I was bamboozeled,  <_<

It's taken me two days to get passed that authentication screen (Android not-so-smartphone) as it didn't display correctly, so couldn't view it properly. As above I assumed it was a hack and ignored it...

• Admin

Sorry I didn't think about leaving a post up first, to be honest I didn't realise the setup screen would be so in your face. If you want to re-enable the two factor authentication you can just go to your profile settings here: https://yamahaclub.com/forums/settings/account-security/

As an aside, Alex, can you have a look at my posting in the Forum Help section

Forum Issues (17/03/17)

Even tho I have managed to delete all cookies, shortcuts and cleared caches this reloading still happens

Cheers

Jimmy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online