Bike trouble

MarioP1606
This post is 2558 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I have recently bought a Yamaha r6 2003 plate. When I got it home after a couple of days the bike wouldn't start. It was like the battery had gone. I replaced the battery and it was working fine. I then gave the bike a wash and went to start it and it was just clicking. I know it's a new battery but any idea what else it could be? 

Thanks 

mario 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Battery might have shrunk - did you get it wet?

Oh and an introduction in the New Members section, that you would have seen at the top of the first page may get you a more informed answer.

You might want to try cleaning up your earth wire connection.

• Like 1

Yeah, sounds like it ain't charging properly. Everything switched off you should get 12.5 to 13 volts across the battery, with the engine running that should rise to 14-14.5 volts as the revs rise. If it doesn't you should look at the connections back to the reg/rec first, make sure they're clean and tight, then work back through the charging system. My money's on the reg/rec being duff.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online