sort of bitter sweet

Tommy xs
This post is 2582 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Spent most of yesterday evening dismantling my carbs you wouldn't believe what a job it is just to remove and get them back on the bike. After the usual removal of the tank & seat I need to take the battery the ICU & reg off, take off all the fixing bolts from the airbox then this is the good bit cos I used to struggle for over an hour to get the carbs in out until I realised I can get an extra inch space if I remove 2 bolts from the rear mudguard. So why am I telling you all this boring stuff! because as I reassembled it, I pushed one of the air box bolts in and hear the nut drop inside so l opened it up as it three screws I didn't need to touch to remove the fixing bolts and there it was a f#ckin rag, first of all I'm scratching my head thinking how the f#ck did I leave that in there, then I realized it had been sucked in from under the seat through the air intake.

If only I had checked it first, I wouldn't have had to take the f#ckin carbs off!

But then if the nut hadn't fell inside, around now I would be thinking I'll have to get them carbs off again, I've missed something :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 4

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Excelant  find tommo,  , my mate found a brillo pad in a fuel filter [ in tank]  once,,,  :huh:

• Like 1

hope it was just a rag and not your bank notes you squirreled away for later

3 hours ago, Tommy xs said:

No banks notes this time Drew,  just loosing my rag was bad enough :yes:

your always losing your rag :P

Yes but I've found it now & my bike is fixed so I just need some good weather & a day off work 

I'm off on wed, are you busy Drew?

3 hours ago, Tommy xs said:

Yes but I've found it now & my bike is fixed so I just need some good weather & a day off work 

I'm off on wed, are you busy Drew?

aye, working all week, friday night and camping with scouts weekend.

I need to do the fork seals on the TDM and I think Royal mail have lost the parcel as it was sent last monday

I remember once when I went to adjust the valves on my friends CG125 clone (oddly it had push rods instead of OHC) I found a nut sitting under the rocker box, weird thing was it wasn't even a nut from the engine, it had somehow found it's way into the head and not been noticed.

Also, one time I took the cam chain tensioner out of a Honda C90 and found a 10mm socket in there, after removing it it started making a loud rattle, so we put the socket back and he rode it like that for another 8000 miles :huh: :lol:

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online