Squires 2017 2nd and 3rd September

This post is 2368 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I can't make it either - massive amount of work to do for the new school year that will keep me busy all weekend.

Hope the weather is good, the fumes are acrid and Kev behaves himself.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That's a shame  pal, 

I don't know if I will be going yet as all my mates have better things to do than guide me to squires , 

So I'm guiding myself this year ,

Wish me luck guys .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, up.yours said:

That's a shame  pal, 

I don't know if I will be going yet as all my mates have better things to do than guide me to squires , 

So I'm guiding myself this year ,

Wish me luck guys .

You better be. Im here waiting to take the piss.

Brilliant day guys , I'm home safe and sound ! Well that's not entirely true, I'm sat in the mosely arms having my first pint. Thanks for looking after me, and thanks to Jay for dressing me (twice).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blackhat250 said:

Sorry i missed it, this year , summat came up on Friday,,, ^_^

We've been wondering where you were!

Not very well organised this year, pub has closed early too. Hope you're all good mate

• Like 1

Back, headwind all the way down the bloody A1, fuelled at Doncaster thinking cruising I can scratch 100miles to a tank so do it in one, pah the headwind made it more like 85, I found that out as I passed Leicester forest services. So bit of a head scratch for fuel.

Weather decided my bike needed cleaning 30 miles from home. Pissed it down from just north of Leicester.

Good weekend spoiled by the complete lack of organisation, Finnerez and I were even considering moving on on the Saturday if tommy had stayed away, seriously on Friday it was deserted there was the 2 of us in the pub that closed at 10. Because nobody had confirmed anything happening with the landlord, so he didn't lay on any staff.

It came up more than once that maybe we should go with the fizzy rally, hell we could marshal the rideout for em, ok try to.

Or do something a little further south, Stafford maybe?

• Like 1

I'm home and showered, put the bike away for a well deserved rest.

Managed to dodge the rain minus a few spots here and there. It was bloody cold on Holme moss today. 

I think either the fizzy run or something further south for next year if it's not being organised properly

20170903_12080220170902_17161120170901_133549

at least you had the best weather yesterday,

I had an interesting day; 1 oven blew up on me, the other bank of 2 went down as no power on the cooking island.

Luckily we had an electrician on site and it was up and running in an hour and the wedding went well in the end.

managed to get out today as the missus was snoring away and woke me up at 6am, so i got me leathers on and did a tour round Lancs.

Did about 200 miles; went to devils bridge Kirkby Lonsdale then across to Glasson dock, down to St Annes to watch the kite festival.

Southport then Rivvington Barn and home

Great to meet up again guys, interesting rideout that's the first time I've got lost on the two stroke rally and first bit of green laning, But not my first rub of the green this weekend (hey what happens at sqiures stays at squires) if you missed it, its cause you wasn't there. Really nice ride home stopped at stalybridge for a full Monty, translation for any southerners (big breakfast) then it started to rain as I got into Manchester surprise supise, then the wind picked up but didn't let get me down, I wasn't in any hurry to get home just bimbled along then stopped off at a mates house just outside Delamere for a brew. I got home about two hours ago, had shower and a nap now ready for my tea. Glad you all got home ok, See you guys and hopfully a few more faces next year :D

Yes , to say it was unorganized is an understatement, you guys who turned out are great , but the numbers are dwindling each year , next year I think I'll be there alone lol. 

So yes its now time to look at other venues and encourage new blood to join in. 

PS  them chips were massive .

• Like 1

On 03/09/2017 at 2:35 PM, Cynic said:

It came up more than once that maybe we should go with the fizzy rally

Aye jason, been thinkin,  thats the first one i"v missed,  ,and it sounds like its played out that squires [ and the same old run]  ,maybe we can do summat different , like the eagle run,  [i think its  in thorne]  just off the A1m,   ,,  but any input   welcome,,  

i think that Squires just dosnt put in any effort   ,  the grubs been shit for years,,

The air cooled RD club have a meet on the 2nd weekend in July every year, meant to have a big turnout and it's a bit more centrally located. It's at Derby Rugby club.

Could be worth thinking about?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry I missed this again... been meaning to make it for years but something always seems to come up.

If you do come back to Squires I'll happily guide you around some different routes in the area.

Of course I'm likely to be on the Suzuki V-Strom but don't hold that against me...

(Will try harder to make next year's even if elsewhere)

• Like 1

What does the v strom have to do with it, anything with wheels is welcome. Been all sorts turn up at squires, Aprilia, Honda, Triumph, Suzuki, Kwak from 125 to 1000cc all been yoc members too.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

:D:thumb: