MT07 Engine warning light on closed throttle deceleration!

garihughes
This post is 2595 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I have had my bike from now since summer 2014. Installed many mods, and covered 6500 miles. however in the last six months i have noticed when slowing down with completely closed throttle, as the revs drop past 6k down to about 4k i have engine warning light on display, the bike runs perfectly, making good power and is as smooth as the day i got it.

Amongst my mods are an aftermarket exhaust. I suspect a tune is needed, and have booked it in for a power-commander and stage 2 DNA air filter/air box mod. If it is leaning off that should correct it on the dyno.

but having spoken to the guys at the shop they suspect it could be a sensor playing up. (throttle position)

Has anyone had anything like this before? I will be carrying out the work anyway as I have wanted to do it for the last two years!! 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If it is happening in the close throttle position, it does point to throtttle position issues. All the other inputs are basically not sampled in the close throttle position.

Fortunately they are not fly by wire, so it's just a regular TPS fitted to the throttle body.

It could also be something very spurious and not directly related to the efi system, such as a reg/rec going out or even a battery in terminal decline, so make sure lots of basic checks are carried out before new parts are thrown at it.

oh by the way:

1. intro yourself
  2. let us know the outcome, people come here for advice and then disappear without so much as a by-your-leave
  • Like 2

Its got the Hallmarks oF a  O.H.W .   ,  joined  4.01. looked back for an answer 4.43   ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:eusa_snooty:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online