Armour instead of changing all the time

martynball
This post is 2592 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Seen this on eBay, looks great for a hot day and looks like it would protect skin which would touch the ground if you come off, would you say it's okay to just wear this and be pretty much protected from roadrash etc? 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-S-M-Acerbis-KOERTA-2-0-Body-Armour-Motocross-BMX-Downhill-Enduro-/142234104223?

It can become a pain commuting to work or other places and needing to wear the massive jacket or trousers with the knee pads, would be great to just throw some armour on over normal jeans and have it cover areas which contact the ground in a slide. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The armour is build to the appropriate EN standard - but being held together by mesh I couldn't see it staying together then skidding down some tarmac. In addition to that it looks like hard armour - probably better for its intended use of falling off on mud and gravel. Not sure how well it would absorb the impact of a harder surface.

But I'm not speaking from personal experience!

I sold my 125 on eBay. Also had it listed on Bike Trader but got no interest from there.

Have to agree with Bippo on the evilbay thing, you get loads of views and after you have sifted out the wannabees and clinically insane you usually get a buyer.

2 hours ago, KevtheRev said:

I'd be wanting a good jacket and leathers over the top if I was going that far .  

I regularly wear my MX body armour (just like that Acerbis set) under my Teknic textile jacket, with the leather trousers from my 2 piece Teknic leathers. I removed the back protector, shoulder and elbow protectors from my textile jacket and feel happy because I now have all of these, plus chest protectors and a built-in kidney belt when I wear my MX gear under my textile jacket.. I can't believe this is less safe than any of my as-bought Textile winter gear, but for track use, I always wear my full leathers (either 1-piece or zip-together 2-piece).

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online