yamaha xt125x help needed!

jlemmon1994
This post is 1480 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello guys I've just purchased a 2nd hand yamaha xt125x. I'm totally in love with it !

mechanically it's brilliant throughout. but it looks a bit tatty for a 7 year old bike. I'm a mechanic myself and have a fair knowledge on some components. 

I need help with the the digital speedo the lights work on it such as the neutral light the main beam and indicators etc but the digital won't come on at all the owner before me said about damp getting inside which I understand but he said when summer is here it all works. well for my own purposes I decidedon't to remove it and dry it out and reseal it but still no luck. cam anyone help me out!

also where could I get colour matching paint for the engine as it has corroded crank casing both sides.

is it normal for the bike when changing gear and releasing the clutch for it to take a few split seconds to then crunch into gear. 

many thanks in advanced !

happy riding!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Speedos dying are a common issue on these bikes, do i search on the forum you'll find plenty of threads about it. I'd fit a trailtech vapour kit.

Trail Tech Parts

Fullelove Rd, Brownhills, Walsall WS8 6BW

01543 362047

https://g.co/kgs/71hFux

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah as Finnerz said we have a group of folks do this and it seems to work really well.

• 2 years later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online