Ht lead/ coil enquiry

Kyej
This post is 2584 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there

basically I have another thread about my issues with my Yamaha aerox not getting a spark,  I have checked through the bike for continuity and all seems to be okay until I got the the ht lead and noticed there was nothing there it's a 2 pin ht lead and I gathered that if you put a multimeter on one of the pins then on the plug cap it would get continuity, but I'm getting nothing??

the lead is okay that beeped but the actual block itself with the pins on didn't make a beep and neither did the plug cap, is this right or will I be buying a new coil/ ht lead for the sake of it??

thanks

kye

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm not really getting what you mean there Kye .  Could you try to borrow/get from a breakers , the same coil that's on the bike . There's not much point in buying loads of coils unless you're sure that the wiring and other electrical components are in good nick .  Did you check the output from the genny , i.e. is there  any ?

I've tested all the wires for continuity it's a brand new stator, I have managed to get a resistance reading from ht lead but my pickup coil is only reading 277 and it should be between 4-600 according to manual but it's brand new I tested my old one and that's at about 268 I'm really confused to what the problem is 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online