yamaha xvs 650 knackered

This post is 2543 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Great engines, just be careful of sprag clutch issues.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As above the Triumph sprag clutch can be a concern, don't worry to much about it tho as long as it runs and drives ok you should be fine for a few weeks. And as for "the wife" flowers mate, lots of flowers, oh and cakes or anything with chocolate on it and you'll be fine. :lol:

Ps this is what to listen out for when you try the bike out, if the sprag has failed or on the way out you get this noise.

usually because the battery doesn't give enough amps to the starter motor, so don't let it labour.

keep the battery well charged

No Drewpy this actually is a broken sprag clutch mate, even if they do go it should cost no more than £160 for a replacement and about 4 hours to swap out. Plus if you do replace them with a new updated one they are slightly larger and less likely to go bang!

Nice one mate, good little bikes and BMW reliability. Get yours fixed now and bang this one back one ebay when your up and running.

Just one thing tho, this isn't usually a £600 bag of bolts from the net they usually cost a couple of grand don't they?

yeah man couple of k. I'm gonna use it as an every day bike cause driving 60 miles + a day on my dragster is killing the chrome so I'll keep the dragster polished and looking good for dry days and use the bmw in the rain. n it means when I do go to sell either I'll get most of my money back cause they won't have rusted much 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online