Bloody 'ell

This post is 2571 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

tanked up the TDM yesterday and went for a fast ride up to Devils bridge in the lakes.

I didn't hang around and that lovely torque had me passed a longer line of cars than I though possible, nudging 110 in some parts.

One thing with all this behaviour, it tests the suspension on the twisties and sups fuel.

I usually get 210 miles to a full tank, well yesterday I got 180. whats the big deal? I now know which position the reserve tap points to as I ran out at Rivvington on the Bolton road. Bollocks!

Phoned the missus to bring me some fuel, and she said after I've finished work ( another hour) :(

so i waited and waited, 4 hours later she turns up, the weather turned nasty, howling winds, driving rain and was close to hyperthermia, a kind restrauntier let me sit in his posh restaurant so i could defrost.

whilst i was waiting for resue, i noticed oil all over the brake caliper and around the frame, I'd blown a fork seal too, so ordered seals on me phone from fowlers :)

I have an account and save baskets for future use, I'm a scout so "be prepared"

apart from that I had a great ride out, hopefully no speeding tickets and tested the bike out for the spain trip

IMG_07111_zps3ws2id82.jpg

• Like 4

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ha, so you were running it on reserve ALL the time,, :question: ,, ah well  you know now,  what a bummer,  cold too eh ,

Petcocks of old used to have an arrow engraved on them so you knew, I never was sure with the dragstar which was on or which was reserve.