Room for one more??

Hoppi85
This post is 2571 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey people, new member here! My names Ryan I'm 31 years old and been riding since October last year although I wish I started years ago! My first bike is a yamaha ybr 125 custom. Would love to progress soon to a bigger bike but still learning the ropes and gaining more and more confidence. 4b483687da79706e8916d47738ee63cb.jpg

This is my baby in all her glory!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:wavey: welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Ryan! I too came to biking late. Mind you - better late than never as they say!

The YBR is a great bike and I'm sure you'll enjoy it all the more now the good weather is coming!

Hi ryan , where the pic...taken ,...cracker.. :welcome:

The pic is taken in broughty ferry, Dundee in North East Scotland

Welcome Ryan! I too came to biking late. Mind you - better late than never as they say!

The YBR is a great bike and I'm sure you'll enjoy it all the more now the good weather is coming!

I love the ybr, I'm glad I went with it. Although I am looking for advice on surface rust on my exhaust. I rode through the winter and I thoroughly cleaned my bike every week, still the salty roads gathered rust on my exhaust. Don't know what's best to get rid of it, still learning about bikes and engines in general [emoji15]

Cheap components I'm afraid - the big downside of a 125. My YBR also saw a winter with me and I too kept it clean but my exhaust was a rusty mess by the time I came to sell it. Unfortunately its the weak link on the bike.

I always applied ACF50 and recommend that for any bike owner (Google it) but it just burns off a hot exhaust. I still used to apply it though as a 125 doesn't get as hot as a bigger bike.

If the bike is a keeper then look for an aftermarket one of better quality. Otherwise just continue your best in trying to keep it clean. Sorry...

By the time I heard about ACF50 it was too late [emoji15] I was thinking about taking it off and giving it a sand down then re painting it, would that work? I've also heard that harpic max can do a good job to surface rust. I'll try and keep cleaning it the best I can. Thank you

Hi Ryan, got a 2009 YBR custom myself, I'm 46, and only got my cbt in November last year, every day is a learning day, my bike is quite weather beaten! I'm learning to do basic checks regularly, tyres, chain, oil etc. And learning terminology, on things, as I haven't got a Scooby!

Rome wasn't built in a day!

Here's to two wheels!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hello Ryan

Well done you, your never too old. Just look at me :rolleyes:

Enjoy........

Hi Ryan, got a 2009 YBR custom myself, I'm 46, and only got my cbt in November last year, every day is a learning day, my bike is quite weather beaten! I'm learning to do basic checks regularly, tyres, chain, oil etc. And learning terminology, on things, as I haven't got a Scooby!

Rome wasn't built in a day!

Here's to two wheels!

I only took up riding due to financial reason, I got a promotion at work and it involves travelling, as I have four kids and a 7 seater, financially it wasn't going to make sense buying a small car as it would only get used for commuting. However now I'm on two wheels I use it alot more than just for commuting! Plan on getting my mod 1 and mod 2 over the summer, not going to rush into something bigger yet until I'm completely comfortable.

How are you finding the ybr? I got a 2016 model otr and its a fantastic learning bike, although I have nothing to compare with. I find it very nimble and acceleration wise is perfect atm

On 11/03/2017 at 9:09 PM, blackhat250 said:

Hi ryan , where the pic...taken ,...cracker.. :welcome:

Did you really not recognise Bro'ty Castle John?  Strewth mate, your memory must be going faster than I thought, all those 2 stroke fumes probably.

BTW, was that you this afternoon about 1-ish on the yellow DT heading into Dundee on the Broughty road?

Oh yeah, welcome Ryan, who you got sorted for your Mod1 & 2 training? Not that I'm pitching any sales talk your way, but ..... http://www.scotriders.co.uk/

• Like 2

Did you really not recognise Bro'ty Castle John?  Strewth mate, your memory must be going faster than I thought, all those 2 stroke fumes probably.

BTW, was that you this afternoon about 1-ish on the yellow DT heading into Dundee on the Broughty road?

Oh yeah, welcome Ryan, who you got sorted for your Mod1 & 2 training? Not that I'm pitching any sales talk your way, but ..... http://www.scotriders.co.uk/

Hahaha I don't blame ya for pitching, business is business after all. I've heard alot of good things about scotriders, however I know Stuart up at GMTS, I done my cbt through them and planning on doing my 1 & 2 there, sorry

By the time I heard about ACF50 it was too late [emoji15] I was thinking about taking it off and giving it a sand down then re painting it, would that work? I've also heard that harpic max can do a good job to surface rust. I'll try and keep cleaning it the best I can. Thank you

I'm not sure I'm afraid - I'm probably the worst person you could ask (not mechanically minded in anyway...)

However I do know of some people who have ceramic coated their exhausts. You can get it done in all sorts of colours which can look cool. Not cheap though and probably not worthwhile for the YBR.

Not much help I'm afraid so sorry.

the harpic thing is the acid in the chemical

I suppose you can use ally wheel cleaner as that conatins a mild phosphoric acid. there a company in Warrington called camcoat who ceramic coat exhausts.

personally id just spray with B&Q BBQ paint, its very tough when cured

• Like 1

See, I knew someone with a clue would come along soon enough!! Thanks Drewps.

• Like 1

the harpic thing is the acid in the chemical

I suppose you can use ally wheel cleaner as that conatins a mild phosphoric acid. there a company in Warrington called camcoat who ceramic coat exhausts.

personally id just spray with B&Q BBQ paint, its very tough when cured

Nice one, I'll try the B&Q paint out. It's not too bad anyways but I don't like it looking like that, trying to keep it as clean and shiny as I possibly can. Although the fall I had last week bent my foot peg, handlebars and scratched my speedo. Managed to get the handlebars back straight anyway and gonna buy a new footpeg. Cheers for the advice on the bbq paint

Bike good, few issues with cutting out, but will work on my maintenance skills and sort it out! Have come off twice now, not to bad, icy, cold, and to much front brake! You only really learn from your mistakes! want to have done my mod 1, and 2 by end of the year! And who knows![emoji3]

Bike good, few issues with cutting out, but will work on my maintenance skills and sort it out! Have come off twice now, not to bad, icy, cold, and to much front brake! You only really learn from your mistakes! want to have done my mod 1, and 2 by end of the year! And who knows![emoji3]

Did ya hurt yourself when you fell off? I fell off a few weeks back, was taking a corner at about 10mph, road was greasy and back end slid out, ended up in the A&E the next day with a dislocated shoulder. However I was back on within a few days, my pride got hurt the most. Your spot on there, ya can read up on the what nots as much as possible but you'll only ever learn from your own mistakes! Happy riding!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online