xj600 pre diversion

jwinter755
This post is 2579 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi new here I have a 1991 xj600 pre diversion I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a cheap exhaust for it I'm in the UK

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there, well I had the XJ pre 750 and the Maxim midnight 750, they were a right bastard to get a cheap exhaust for, same beast as yours but slight differences. So all I have to say is that there are NO cheap exhausts anywhere but there are some good priced exhausts out there and they can be well worth the price. You don't say if it's the headers or the exhaust can you are after? If your after the headers then your out of luck as they are as rare as rocking horse shit. Your best bet for "cheap" is ebay or some such and patience.

Just as an aside it helps if you say hello in the new members section before you ask for help cos it's nice if you say Hi before asking for help, just sayin!

I had a 600 Suzuki and I know its not really a help but buying a quality stainless exhaust (remus) was dearer by maybe 150 quid at the time but that exhaust is STILL on the bike. Not that I have the bike. It was 2 years old when it went on. So that will be 20years old next year.

A cheap unit if you can find one will not last a tenth of that if you ride year round.

• Like 2

Hi there, well I had the XJ pre 750 and the Maxim midnight 750, they were a right bastard to get a cheap exhaust for, same beast as yours but slight differences. So all I have to say is that there are NO cheap exhausts anywhere but there are some good priced exhausts out there and they can be well worth the price. You don't say if it's the headers or the exhaust can you are after? If your after the headers then your out of luck as they are as rare as rocking horse shit. Your best bet for "cheap" is ebay or some such and patience.

Just as an aside it helps if you say hello in the new members section before you ask for help cos it's nice if you say Hi before asking for help, just sayin!

I did say hi sorry is if I said it in the wrong place I don't use sights and thought I was saying hi to all and I'll have a look on eday thanks

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I had a 600 Suzuki and I know its not really a help but buying a quality stainless exhaust (remus) was dearer by maybe 150 quid at the time but that exhaust is STILL on the bike. Not that I have the bike. It was 2 years old when it went on. So that will be 20years old next year.

A cheap unit if you can find one will not last a tenth of that if you ride year round.

I was looking for a 2nd hand one and I agree a cheap new one might not last me so long it's just a little blow from the engine side but I can not get the ring things that go around the exhaust to hold it in place I've been shops with no luck

There is a section for new folks to introduce themselves that's all. The forum doesn't put any real restrictions on new members, the last forum I joined for a bike I bought recently vets all your early posts upto the point your not perceived as a troll, or maybe a bit of a plumb :icon_redface:.

Your far more likely to get worthwhile information if you give a little, fill out your profile etc. The pub is a common analogy. Would you walk up to a group of mates talking bikey bulls#it and just state, "Hey I need a new exhaust for my bike".

That's all, it really is the difference between 1 reply and 10.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how to do that I'm on the talk app on my phone ?

I've just looked I've done my profile and put a pic of my bike as my profile pic

Found these on the net, seem to be a good price 4 into 1 and $400 bit of a bargain really as the originals (if you could find them) from Yamaha would be twice that price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-into-1-Complete-Header-Exhaust-Downpipe-Manifold-Yamaha-XJ600-SECAII-92-98-/191269611228

• Like 1

Found these on the net, seem to be a good price 4 into 1 and $400 bit of a bargain really as the originals (if you could find them) from Yamaha would be twice that price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-into-1-Complete-Header-Exhaust-Downpipe-Manifold-Yamaha-XJ600-SECAII-92-98-/191269611228

thanks for the link I've seen these and a few more but the per diversion the shape of the exhaust and frame is different even to the 1991 up diversion I've found some original ones that's not that pricey at 120 but had to just get chain and sprockets so it will have to wait till nest month thanks though [emoji106]

Motad Neta (or Nera?) are pretty much the only sets currently going and can be found secondhand for £100 or so, unless you go to Predator Exhausts, think they do them built to order and they aint cheap.

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online