Tell spring has sproinged

Cynic
This post is 2170 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm going out for a little ride tomorrow after work, Matlock for fish and chips I think! 

Brought the DT out of winter hibernation the other day - started on the 3rd kick and ran a treat. Roll on summer!

• Like 1

1st long run of the year today, down to see my Mum in Portsmouth. I kid you not my face aches from the grin I had, no more stopping in traffic just "excuse me" happy bastard coming through. :D

• Like 3

Glorious 14 degrees today,,,,,,Rd ,,,painted All one colour,,,,, @ Arbroath Harbour,,,

S0qT9ld.jpg

Edited by blackhat250
  • Like 3

A good day over this side of Gods Country as well.

Nights last night so slept until about 1pm then a bite to eat. Down to my shed and done a bit of fettling on my '59 Triumph 500. I stood back looking at it and thought 'why not' . I fitted the battery and the bike kicked over after two kicks and soon settled into a steady tickover. I then took it for a wee run to check out the work I've been doing over the last two years.

Steering..Tick

Brakes      Tick

Clutch    Shit

G'Box     shit

The clutch was super heavy and the box had more false neutral than a Switzerland v Sweden football match. I'm hoping if I redo the clutch then the g'box will sort itself out.........

Once that was done I had my tea then went a run on my Bonnie, now sitting having a BEER........good times

image.jpg

• Like 1

First commute of the year today, didn't notice until I was out of the house that I still had my summer gloves in the helmet so had to use the heated grips, a bit foggy but still felt good.

On 4/5/2018 at 8:59 PM, Cynic said:

several ladies who were taking advantage of the sun but being a little 'nipply'. Happy days

Corrected that for your sir ! :lol:

• Haha 1

Wow not seen an ar50 in years. Looks fantastic. Wednesday next week looking good weather-wise. Off up to ghostbikes for a bikelift purchase tomorrow for the xt600 chain and sprocket replacement. Taking the 175mx for his mot on Wednesday. Having the day off :D

• Like 1

Awoke the dt175mx from his slumber this morning. Fettled him and Went for mot. Sorry can't test it. Mot new system is down nationwide. Got a handwritten contingency certificate instead to cover me. Its broken down a lot.

https://mattersoftesting.blog.gov.uk/mot-testing-service-status/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely ride today around the Duchy with Dutch friends that come over on 2 Beemers 1200's

124 miles incl. all the beauty spots and Lands-End. Brilliant sunshine showing Kernow at its best.

Bike route 29-4

Bike ride 29-4 frank & nicky (9)

Edited by DutchFJ1200
  • Like 1

Never  been doWn there dutchy,,  its 600 miles  south of me,,,,one DAY....?

Edited by blackhat250

We are down there 2 -3 times a year, normally staying in Bude and exploring/visiting from there.

Done most of the main attractions like the various tin mines, secret garden, Jamaica inn, lands end and the lizard etc. We love it, its not all that weather dependant either so long as the surf behaves.

Generally, no sun means more surf. 

I am hoping to ride to lands end one of these days, but not on the Mways. Ride stuff like the atlantic highway. 

For a good part of yesterday I did this polishing & cleaning  thing that some of you seem to despise ?

The ol' bus really came up nice.

FJ may 18 (3)

• Like 2

Ya missed a bit ?

• Sad 1

Is   that a   T34   -  Sherman  Or panzer2   ?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, blackhat250 said:

Is   that a   T34   -  Sherman  Or panzer2   ?

M1 Abrams ..... thank you very much B)

• Haha 1

Surely you mean Challenger ?