Tell spring has sproinged

Cynic
This post is 2173 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

23 hours ago, clarke said:

That road looks fine Sacha...

I ride all year round but recognised my age a few years ago and bought a heated jacket, then fitted heated grips.

The winters haven't been too bad recently, the worst was when I had my FZS600 Fazer and my road was sheet ice. Trying to cross a junction  a group of lads (c.10yr old) stopped and pointed at me chanting "he's gonna drop it!" Little gits. Then had to dig the snow off the drive to get it in the garage.

I've also noticed Suzuki's have crap electrics that aren't waterproof so corrode like a bastard.  May well have to return to mother Yammy...

Lots of bikes out now, half of them thinking my commuting route is a race track.

GT85 is your friend! Spray it over the electrics and it keeps the water out.

Spray it over all the exposed metal parts and the fumes from the downpipes will burn themselves into your nose for at least 24 hours... :lol:

On 06/03/2017 at 1:11 AM, Sacha said:

No riding here. :shakeno:0499a1d66ab02855938da3353fc73e6f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fine commuting weather that, you can see road and everyfing ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ice by morning. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a nice ride into work today, a nice spring morning 10°C, still had the heated grips on though.

This winter has been horrible. Constant rain and freezing cold. My bike is my only mode of transport so I have no choice whatever the weather and I can't stand public transport, I would rather walk. I must admit sometimes it takes the enjoyment and fun out of riding. I can't wait for spring/summer to kick in. I am going to make the most of every bit of it.

Kicked in pretty good today in the black country.

Several early bloomers showing some skin. 

Was 16deg and sunny today.

Grouch, I didn't think this winter was too wet but maybe I'm too used to it these days?

My bike is 99% ACF50. What I discovered after the first time the bike died is there's a bunch of connectors above the radiator which get soaked, and Suzuki didn't feel the need to put a protective sleeve over them...  They're now full of ACF50 and covered with aan old mountain bike inner tube  :thumb:

• 1 year later...

Yikes, one year on .......... what a difference a week makes.  This time last week snow, ice, flooding, armageddon .... and some.

Yup, did my first dancing steps of 2018 on the FJ today.  A ton sure feels good after being locked up in metal boxes sitting in a queue for the last 5 months. ;)

So wanted to fit new battery and mot the sorned 175mx this week with the lovely weather. Came out with a chest rash on weds made doctors appointment for friday turned up at surgery covered in spots and was put in an emergency ambulance to Wythenshawe A&E. Bloody chicken Pox. At 50. Cant even wear clothes let alone armour gear!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

That's poxy luck....:P

Had that as a kid on an epic scale. Really really bad. Still got the scars. Good news is my chances of anything related like mumps is near zero.

• Like 1

Haha! Neighbour just gone out on his bmw next door. So jealous. Perfect weather today as well. At least I don't have to accompany missus on weekly shop :rolleyes:

Regards

Mr Spotty

• Like 1

Oh bad luck mate, you KNOW we're here to help..! Related image  :lol:

• Haha 1

Pissing with rain here, :eusa_snooty:

I had a terrible day................................Not

got up early this morning to brilliant sunshine.

Feck it I say and put the clobber on and set off for fuel.

Wanted to go somewhere afar so decided to go to Hawes and then the A59 caff near Skipton.

trying out my Garmin sat nav too (bought £50 off facebook)

Got on the Motodragway to Haslingden and then took the back roads over Pendle Ski p[lace and through Sawley into Giggleswick.

didn't settle on Settle, but stretched the legs at the viaduct to take the air and sights

76SUfll.jpg

TKvuFwB.jpg

6f5NJFl.jpg

trying out my new Helmet, its noisy so wore some new ear plugs from Alpine called motosafe. two sets, one for racing the other for touring. Quite good too and a little pouch and applicator for £20 delivered

g4YQUts.jpg

had be Latte and pastie in Hawes caff and rode east via Aysgarth, Kidstones (very pretty) and a quick shufty through Starbotton, Grassinton and onto the A59 to the Caff

8uhhQ1G.jpg

A TDM900 rolled up we had a chin wag for half hour about usual stuff

tvFma4R.jpg

he wants to sell it but he's mad, too nice a bike and he's a tall chap and suits the bike.

Got home via rivvy Barn about 4pm so 8 hours away, brill day out

Drewps

• Like 2

You lucky Sods! Amazing countryside pics drewps. 

Looks  great,B)   .we were out too ,  40 miles ,    cool kind ,,  lots of snow melt  = wet roads in places,.

Same helmet as mine drewps. Yep noisy bugger. Needs plugs. Keep thè latch lubricated with some silicon too or it sticks and doesent open cleanly.

Nice on a hot day or fueling up though.

Just looking at that area drewps,,   [ google maps.]  great place for a meet,  and rideouts,,,,lots of options,  .B)

Some great roads up there, I had a good rideout around there last year. Did something like 370miles round trip. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4n9Y94jKmuQhon0u2

• Like 2