TORQUE VALUES YAMAHA MT09

hippyracer
This post is 2587 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Google is your friend?

Do you mean engine torque? Or what torque to tighten things up to lol

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

C'mon matey, words are not rationed here

Torque values for tightening what?

Wheel spindles, Spokes, brake nipples, brake nuts, top fork nuts, yokes, handlebars bolts, tank bolts, rocker box bolts, cam chain tensioners, cylinder heads, barrel base nuts, big end bolts, and on and on and on and on

Or everything

blood-from-stone-01_zpsq4pos8pm.jpg

Tongue firmly in cheek here, but we do need more info bud.

• Like 1

Usually something silly like 7 or 9nm. I'd go finger tight then the slightest nip after with a small ratchet. Probably less than a quarter of a turn. Really easy to strip the thread on things like that

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippyracer said:

Sorry Jimmy, should've been more specific, at the moment I only need the torque value for the bolts for the oil pump cover.

No need to apologise bud, tongue in cheek

As Finnerz says I would go low. It is only a cover with possibly an O ring to seal**??? If so just ensure you tighten it in a correct sequence. i.e. Finger tight all round then gently tighten opposite fasteners

** Edit: It is a gasket. Looking at the shape of the cover, the key is to ensure a correct sequence

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online