I'm back...

bippo
This post is 2590 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm back in the fold...   Picking up a bike this Friday so will officially be back on 2 wheels.   Oh how I've missed it.

Currently down in Surrey but hopefully I'll get a chance to meet up with the usual offenders at some point this year at Oil Can Cafe or Squires or wherever...!

Hope everyone is keeping well.   B)

• Like 4

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks Airhead :)

Don't laugh... (or judge!).  I'm picking up a 2015 F800GT...   Yes...   I'm going to be cruising about on a BMW...   But don't worry I did check that the indicators work - and I promise to use them!

Got a good deal on it - brand new tyres, warranty, all the extras fitted - and specifically a full set of hard luggage which I'm most excited about.   As you know I'll gladly take myself off on a random camping trip so it'll be nice to have more secure luggage for things.   I'm also looking forward to some fairing - I'm still haunted by the state of my neck after battling my SaddleSore 1000 on the Street Triple...!

Thanks for the welcome back Blackie!   I hope all is well up in bonny Scotland.   B)

• Like 3

Yeaa welcome back bips. We were just killing time til your return

I'm sure you all were Jimmy. Must have been really dull on here without me about... ha ha!

• Like 2

Welcome back! Can't wait to live by vicariously through your camping trips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A BMW?! Nice bikes to be fair, big old buses though!

I'm not gonna take the piss too much, I've got an Aprilia now 🤔

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Thanks Tommy - I'll do my best to be there!

Finnerz- I was expecting a bus when I was heading to view it, but considering it's the same weight and seat height as my old Tiger 800, it really hides its size well. Smaller than I thought it would be and as it's a sports tourer the weight is MUCH lower down than the Tiger which I did find intimidating at times.

What Aprilia do you have? How many bikes is that now?! Do you still have your ST?

• Like 1

Just realised it wasn't a GS! Lol they are massive.

I've got a Caponord, which IS a beast! Haha. Still got the ST, I'll never get rid of that

• Like 1

Yeah I've moved away from the adventure bikes - the GS's are massive, much like your Caponord...!

• Like 1

welcome back Bipps, Foamy will be chuffed too :eusa_dance:

are those the bikes with the built in helmet place on the fuel tank? they look well thought out

Yeah I've moved away from the adventure bikes - the GS's are massive, much like your Caponord...!

Yeah it's interesting moving it around! And so far nothing but trouble..... Lol

welcome back Bipps, Foamy will be chuffed too :eusa_dance:

are those the bikes with the built in helmet place on the fuel tank? they look well thought out

Thanks Drewps!

No, this bike doesn't have storage in place of the tank - I think that's a Honda. I believe the air filter and battery are where the tank normally is on this bike as fuel goes under the seat. But it has some other well thought out designs which I'm looking forward to. Roll on Friday...!

• Like 2

Let me know what you think of it- am thinking of trading the V-Strom and an F800 may be one choice, though may well return to Yamaha on something like a Tracer... won't back another Suzuki though as it's been riddled with wiring loom issues (boo!)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online