New speedo idiot lights

Spike101uk
This post is 2616 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So were nearer. What do you have connected to the red for the back light.

You may as well put the blacks back as they are supposed to be. I don't understand why the warning lights would go out in gear.

Could you video or walk through what happens when, in order.-

From full off.

Ig on, in neutral

Ind on, both left and right.

Lights on,

Lights on to main beam.

Put into gear and repeat.

Sorry to be a pain. Im trying....

17 minutes ago, Cynic said:

So were nearer. What do you have connected to the red for the back light.

You may as well put the blacks back as they are supposed to be. I don't understand why the warning lights would go out in gear.

Could you video or walk through what happens when, in order.-

From full off.

Ig on, in neutral

Ind on, both left and right.

Lights on,

Lights on to main beam.

Put into gear and repeat.

Sorry to be a pain. Im trying....

Ig on and in neutral I have neutral warning light and indicator warning light on, 

Indicators on, left and right both flash correct speed, indicator warning light remains on static,

Lights on, headlight comes on as does speedo back light, neutral light and indicator warning  lights remain on

Main beam on the high beam waring light comes on, neutral and indicator warning light remain on,

In gear neutral, high beam and indicator warning lights all go off, speedo backlight remains on 

I really do appreciate your help, it's totally confused me I assumed a straight swap would work

If you don't mind, disconnect the green and see how everything works, whatever is wrong is an oddity. I still don't get why there isn't a proper +12 supply.

Then try just swapping the neutral black and the green around.

Any details of the unit, make model etc, might be able to dig up more info.

The blue is the headlight feed that goes to the main/dip switch.

Ok I disconnected the green wire and all that happened was the neutral warning light went off, 

I then swapped green and black wire and thr speedo backlight flashed a lot and blew the turn signal fuse, 

2 minutes ago, Cynic said:

The blue is the headlight feed that goes to the main/dip switch.

I mean the red coming from speedo goes to blue coming from the bike 

On thing that confuses me, the indicators run on a dark green and dark brown wire and the cables u attached yellow wires too are those colours but after the plug with the other warning lights thr wires are all brown but then towards the back of thr bike they are green and brown again, if that makes sense, ill try and get more pics tuesday as not gonna be abe to get out to my bike till then, have to get some weird thing called public transport to work

Oh did it. Interesting.

Yes the blue coming from the bike is the feed to the headlight that goes to the main beam/dip switch.

Looks like the green is power indirectly for the unit and possibly some of those connections like the indicators need earthing like the neutral light.

Ok I gave up and took it to a garage, not my usual as I've moved but another local bike garage, £192 quid later  they have the indicator warning lights working, but nothing else even things that did work, I now have no high beam or neutral light, they left the wires sticking out side of bike in a birds best including 2 open wires just dangling, my bike is sluggish and bogs down pulling away and front brake hardly works, oh and after all that he said he noticed straight away the headlamp wouldn't pass an mot

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online