Mid Life Crisis Lady

Jayne
This post is 2612 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Total Newbie in every way and looking to get some hopefully sound advice from everyone.

You seem a friendly bunch so looking forward to joining you all and roll on the spring ! 

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
21 minutes ago, blackhat250 said:

Hi jayne " yeh plenty help on here,  whatcha  ridin :welcome:

Thanks for the welcome wave!

Actually looking for a XVS Virago 125 to start with but not found the right one yet! 

• Like 1

:wavey: welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

:wavey:Hi Jane ,I also live in Bedford, 125 Virago is a rare bike so is the 250 ,maybe look for a 535 a lot more common. Dave

27 minutes ago, dav a said:

:wavey:Hi Jane ,I also live in Bedford, 125 Virago is a rare bike so is the 250 ,maybe look for a 535 a lot more common. Dave

Thanks Dave for the advice, but wanted to start small to gain bike road sense and confidence before I went to something more powerful :icon_razz:

Are you a member if any bike clubs in Bedford? E.g Oakley ?

49 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Thanks Dave for the advice, but wanted to start small to gain bike road sense and confidence before I went to something more powerful :icon_razz:

Are you a member if any bike clubs in Bedford? E.g Oakley ?

Still better off with the 535. Lot of em so finding a good one is not too bad. The 125 and the 250 really are lacking any worthwhile perfomance. 

If your planning on direct access its perfect too. Stable bike. Broadly similar size and weight wise to the smaller bikes. The v twin wont bite either.

535 no question for me unless your trapped in the learner laws.

• Like 1

Joined the virago star owners club 17 years ago lots of ride outs, rallies ,meetings etc worth a look if that's the sort of thing you want

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cynic said:

Still better off with the 535. Lot of em so finding a good one is not too bad. The 125 and the 250 really are lacking any worthwhile perfomance. 

If your planning on direct access its perfect too. Stable bike. Broadly similar size and weight wise to the smaller bikes. The v twin wont bite either.

535 no question for me unless your trapped in the learner laws.

Great thanks Cynic sound advice, I will look into this :yeah:

If you're Kent-based and into bikery things as well as music, festivals, pubs and the like, you could do a lot worse than looking up the English Roses Sisterhood... ;)

The 535 is an excellent bike, especially for those of smaller stature... But so too is the 650 Dragstar, as my wife can attest.

Excellent, thank you for this info Ttaskmaster 

So far lots of sound advice, thanks guys and good to join you all :hyper:

• Like 1

Just to throw my 2¢ in... I'd go for the larger bike if I were you. There's something to be said about starting small... but then you'll just want more power. IMHO :biglaugha:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

From one woman to another - welcome!   They're a good bunch on here, so stick around!

Good luck with your bike purchase (whatever capacity it ends up being) and do let us know.   Plenty of guys on here who know their crumpets when it comes to cruisers so don't be afraid to ask away!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bippo said:

From one woman to another - welcome!   They're a good bunch on here, so stick around!

Good luck with your bike purchase (whatever capacity it ends up being) and do let us know.   Plenty of guys on here who know their crumpets when it comes to cruisers so don't be afraid to ask away!

Ah ha Thanks bippo for the message, love the "know their crumpets when it comes to cruisers" line :D

Not afraid to ask the guys and they have provided great advice already. I'm going to buy a Yamaha 535 virago to start with and see how I go.

• Like 1

Cool - I'm sure you'll love it, and just as we're getting into the decent weather too...   Perfect!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bippo said:

Plenty of guys on here who know their crumpets when it comes to cruisers so don't be afraid to ask away!

Crumpets belong on the pillion pad... but *Real* men find a woman who already rides her own Cruiser!! ;)

• Like 3

One thing to check on the 535 is the exhaust system if  it is the original system there is a large collector box right underneath the bike these tend to rot .expensive to replace!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online