Total newbie

Swiss_Tone
This post is 2626 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys and gals, looking around for a good and popular forum and came across this one.

Passed my DAS a few weeks ago and decided on a new R6 as my first bike, delivery in April and can't wait!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fk me, that a hell of a baby step.

Welcome to the forum but be bloody careful with that missile.

Some proper rider lessons, or at least some instructor observed track days would be good, it will help you enjoy the bike properly so you know how to brake and turn. I'm not taking the p here either. You will need help to understand turning, braking properly, what changes and how in the wet.

Oh, make sure you buy a proper lock too.

Hey Cynic,

Thanks for the lock idea! Defo will.

All my training, 6 days with ADT in Southampton and both my MOD 1 & 2 were in heavy rain and wind lol...although all very straight forward, was on their new Kawasaki 650's ... pretty naked bike...the worst part was the ride back after passing MOD2, M3 in rush hour Friday traffic in a hectic storm [emoji51][emoji51]

Plan to take my time and take it easy, I'm a pretty handy track day (car) frequenter ... obviously very different mind!

Also 42, so have some calmness to myself these days [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuck me your first bike is an R6! your going to have a nightmare of a time taming that thing. You will bin it, we all do, try not to ride like this drongo

Oh yeah and T shirt and shorts are NOT what you need when your doing warp factor 9. Good luck and stay upright.

• Like 1

Ha thanks Drongo, I flipping hope not! I like the idea of having a D Mode on the bike...help me ease into it gently, at least that's the theory.

Love the colour of yours btw :)

Charlie

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online