1.7watt blue led bulb wanted

stevie-boy-smith-jrII
This post is 2619 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my speedo bulb went kaput. i fancied the blue ones i seen somewhere but i ordered them without checking them they have came to me at 5 watt. obv they aint gonna work unless i get resistors n shit like that which i wouldnt have q clie what to do. id rather just buy yhe correct bulbs. does anyone know where i can get my hands on a 12v 1.7 watt blue led from? 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if their 12v whats it matter if their 5 w or 1.7, there hardly going to get hot.

Fuse for the spedo light, not heard that one before:wacko:.

Will be a bad earth or a broken wire, get in there with a volt meter, turn the lights on and follow the connections back, (prob only as far as the headlight) until you find some juice. Then look for any obvious breaks or damage to the wires from the good connection to the spedo.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm being too simplistic, but have you checked the polarity? Ordinary bulbs don't give a stuff which way the current flows, LEDs do. Just sayin' .....

• Like 1

theres only 0.08v coming through the bulb socket. travelled back stripping wires further and further and still only getting  0.08v. gonna have to travel into the belly until i find the break somewhere.

and theres continuity right down the wires in all connections 

There will be on motorvehicle wiring.

Everything ultimately earths to the engine. You cannot use continuity much. It just confuses things unless you have completely isolated a specific part.

Make sure your checking using a good earth when checking voltages. That is normally the cause of most electrical nastied on vehicles. Bad earths, after bad connections although you could argue its the same thing.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online