1978 DT175 Ignition points?

Vernjeggies
This post is 2609 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

40 minutes ago, flyday58 said:

Um...dang, I actually helped for once. At least you know what you got now. Not why but hey, it's a start! :thumb:

Haha I would've had a heck of a time trying to figure out why things weren't working out! Now.... any ideas where a guys finds things like electrical parts for a bike from 1978? I found some stuff on eBay, but I'd rather find a reliable resource for online parts, since I'm going to need a few other things. Any suggestions? Seems like parts for the 78 and earlier are almost completely unavailable.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to classic motorcycling.

What do you actually need?

• Like 1

Thought I still had some DT stuff but all that's left is a couple of gas tanks, a fender and a bottom end. Except for the whole bike, that is.

• Like 1

Try these. Granted their uk. They post worldwide.

TYTrials

PJME

Fowlers

Uk ebay.

For the airbox your going to struggle unless your not bothered about original. If so search for dt175 airbox and oil tank in UK. If your after the complete airbox get the matching oil tank then the year is unimportant.

Also Australian and aisian breakers. They had the dt175 up to the late 90's and things didn't change much under the skin.

• Like 1

On 2017-02-14 at 10:34 AM, Cynic said:

For the airbox your going to struggle unless your not bothered about original. If so search for dt175 airbox and oil tank in UK. If your after the complete airbox get the matching oil tank then the year is unimportant.

I guess as long as it's from a year that had monoshock. I'm not too worried about original right now. I was even thinking of re jetting and running a pod filter and capping the oil pump to run mixed gas just to get it running, until I come across original. Thanks!

On 2017-02-14 at 1:56 PM, blackhat250 said:

I see your in Canada, ,the yanks use HV cycle  for spares, or Partszilla,B)

Partszilla doesn't have a lot since most of the big stuff has been discontinued and is unavailable now. I'll have a look at the rest of these though. Thanks a lot

Finally got my Clymer manual. Look like I'm going to be a frequent eBay.ca customer haha. I checked all of the references that you guys gave and found some stuff, but eBay seems to be the way to go for most of it. There are a couple really good scrap yards in my area that I have yet to wander through as well. Thanks for the help everyone! Might have to make a project thread for this one. It will be my first restoration.

• Like 2

Bought my 78 carcass in a local junkyard and rebuilt it from ebay and a few online houses for the bits like screws, packings, gaskets, and bearings. I recently moved and got rid of all my extra 175 parts except a seat and a couple of petrol tanks. Sorry!

I've used Yambits, Partzilla, Bike Bandit and CMSNL for most of the small bits.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online