SR 125 engine issue

jonny5
This post is 2608 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys 

So was out riding the other day came off the roundabout gave the old girl a little beens and pop engine died completly dead didnt even spultter so i tried to fire her up again all turned on fine flicked  on the starter motor its spins its nut off (like the engines running) ive started to strip the enigine

just wondering if anyones got any clues as to what could be the cause 

Many thanks 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Valves are fine and chain is in one piece. Im thinking it may be something to do with stater clutch behind magneto magneto wheel.

Quick question how th f**k do i get it off 

Cheers

What makes you think it is that?. 

Start simple, take your spark plug out and spin it over whilst holding it against the engine casing to see if it sparks correctly. 

If it's spinning over faster than normal that would indicate to me low compression... Ideally get a compression tester from a mate or local garage/ebay and test it properly. 

Check your float bowl is clean, there is a good flow of petrol coming out of the tap, any in line filters are clear. 

The reason i think its thats the engine wouldnt turn ova at all no spark no movement what so eva just the starter spining ive striped most of the engine down now as i first thought cam chain had snapped 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online