1978xt50o?

ldwonearth
This post is 2627 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

78 xt500 i recently installed 12 v headlight always on when running ..led tail light,led turnsignals. regulator, rectifier, and new battery. allwas well  all worked good.. no spark now i kick it and neatral light comes on battery un plugged. i tried two new plugs,points clean, condenser tested ok,,,,no killswit just key ignition. neutral lightcomes on whenkeyis on. does that mean its good?points wires are not gounded out...fly wheelis stripped on. can i test stator leaveing it on? money isnot avalable for expensive stator ignition etc ...would a car coil work to see if coil is bad? i bech tested it and it seems close. i have a fluke multimeter... if anyone could please explain to me diagnostics please

Edited by ldwonearth

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its an illimination process " , start at the plug- and work back to the stator, .and how do you know the ignition switch aint faulty diconect the Black/white ,from that too . and  go introduce yoursell,  you naughty boy, :fingerwave:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online