V50 parts compatibility

Danial
This post is 2639 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 1969 V50 and I wanted to know if the 1974 to 1981 parts are basically the same. According to the history of the bike they changed the bike in 1974 to meet changes in the law regarding pedals. But essentially I believe the rest of the bike is the same. Can anyone confirm this before I buy a bunch on 1974 parts?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

If you do an internet search for a company called, ‘Partzilla’, they have various sections for most brands of Japanese bikes,

If you find the part that you are looking for and select that part the next screen shows the other bikes of the same brand that use the same part,

It’s not exactly full proof but so far I have been able to cross ref this way to get parts for my bike,

further to my last, I have just done a quick search for the V50M and it looks like this model of yamaha is not listed. so sorry for the duff gen!

that does not necessarily mean that all the parts that the site list would not be the same for your bike, such as, Brake shoes ect,

Edited by nayruf
further info
  • Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online