Quad engine

BillyBennett
This post is 2619 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, haven't been on here in a while as I've sold all my bikes sadly. but I do have a Suzuki LTZ 400, well it's not mine it's my dads but he's too old to ride it lol. Anyway straight to the point, the quad needed a new con rod and the mechanic who started it never wanted to finish it so what's happened is he split the engine and that's the furthest he got, now the problem is the engine has been split for around 10 years now, would thus mean that it would need a full rebuild? Would the engine be seized? Or anything else? Or could the Conrod just be replaced and jobs done? Sorry about my lack of knowledge and please don't slate me for it. I also apologise the fact that it's a Suzuki and not a Yamaha, I appreciate any answers given, thanks a lot. Bill

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Whilst it's out why not rebuild it? Bearings are likely a standard sized and can be bought online, crank can be sent away to be split and rebuilt with new big end bearings, saves the worry later on down the line

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online