TDR125 deltabox front wheel.

Tdr125greg
This post is 2623 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

My Tdr125 4GW currently has the standard 18 inch wheel up front but I was looking to put a 17 inch in its place.

My question is will the look alike tzr brembo wheel fit as a bolt on option given 1 or 2 spacers :).

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Don't see why not. Same disc and caliper. May need to change the wheel bearings for your spindle size. Spedo drive is pretty std at that age I think.

All in as far as swaps go I don't see much of an issue.

But.....! You mentioned in your earlier post about usd forks. Why not try for a complete front end. Many of the later 125 sm bikes have usd forks and may well be long enough for the tdr.

1 minute ago, Cynic said:

Don't see why not. Same disc and caliper. May need to change the wheel bearings for your spindle size. Spedo drive is pretty std at that age I think.

All in as far as swaps go I don't see much of an issue.

But.....! You mentioned in your earlier post about usd forks. Why not try for a complete front end. Many of the later 125 sm bikes have usd forks and may well be long enough for the tdr.

Thanks cynic for the speedy reply,

I have been looking at some tzr 4dl usd forks, my only concern being a top yoke, will I lose steering lock??

Depends on the bodywork etc, I would expect to lose some. usd forks are fatter than 'proper' forks.

The belgradia has usd's. Commonly swapped into TDR250's. Well the running gear complete back end included. Why not go crazy with a fzr400 front end. Fits the same headstock (its the same stuff in a tdr250 minus a disc. Tdr125 with twin disc's that's gonna stop, esp with blue spots, again a straight swap on an fzr400 I believe. They are on the TDR250.

Sorry, spending your money for you. Just if you want to get things a bit special, doing it at this stage is cheaper, might get good money for your stuff too.

Bit pricey, someone taking the p there. He doesn't have the rest of the bike either. Chancer after easy flip.

I wouldn't pay that on principle there are plenty of options.

Would YZF forks not be a better option? Plenty of them in breakers. Easy for parts.

Just be sure to check the length, some usd forks are a lot shorter than you might expect.

There are tdr250 forks on flea bay for a lot less too. RWU though. Twin disc again, with blue's and an r6 master cyl......

I was thinking that price was very steep, I messaged a guy regarding the length of some tzr 4jb forks he tells me from top edge to the axle centre they measure 73cm I believe these will be too short? 

You have measured yours...........? Not forgetting you need to allow for losing some to the smaller wheel and lower profile tyre.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online