Super unleaded

nigel smith
This post is 2623 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Plenty, at the moment there is no ethanol in uk super unleaded as far as I know. The octane is higher too which helps.

The ethanol is corrosive to brass, causes rubbers and seals to perish prematurely and increases the amount of oxygen in the combustion process. In a modern FI cat equipped car this reduces emissions.

In our 'non all of that crap' 2 strokes all it does is make the engine run lean, and as a bonus doesn't cool the piston like regular fuel and detonates earlier causing your piston to melt through.

You could jet around it partly but different companies add different amounts of ethanol so not perfect. There are additives, but that's just more cash.

Ultimately (pun intended) running super works out cheaper, I run my tdr on it and it starts easier, runs smoother and feels much better to ride and gives better mpg, more than enough to offset the extra cost.

In short yes, use it your bike will love you. 

I run my bike and car on super, I get better mileage from the car and smoother running from the bike + better mileage, costs more of course but I think it comes out pretty even over a year.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online