Help me with my dt175mx 1979

jackpollard6
This post is 2615 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
1 hour ago, Airhead said:

jack you really do need to get on top of this picture posting malarkey :D

I"l let you know" no Malarkey-ing has been done, [ Flyday "].   pmsl,,  at that ,,:lol:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jackpollard6 said:

Hello mate I looked my stator is actually 5 wires imagejpeg

imagejpeg

Nope, misunderstanding, you have 6 wires coming from the engine. One of those, the blue one being the neutral light, the rest from the mag. There are 6 wires at that cdi and the older cdi has 7 wires, an extra red. This called 7 wire. Slightly vicarious use of words calling it a 6wire mag but hey, roman roads are arrowstraight too eh?

You 'should have:

green/white - Charging/lighting (dc)

yellow-           Lighting (ac)

brown-            cdi 

white/red-       Trigger coil

black-             Earth

The second colour is tracer.

1 hour ago, jackpollard6 said:

Sorry I've got one more question what's the output from the stator before i put it back together I won't to check it's all ok I've ordered and manual but taking for ever to come thanks again 

Can you be a bit clearer with that question...how can you check the stator output when it's not together?

or are we talking Ohms values here?...hardly output from the stator

Hello yes mate sorry my work colleague was checking it and asked to check the ohms from the stator he said you could do it to see if anything had broken as theres a few split wires which i have fixed now 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello I have one more question I'm buying a new cdi for my bike from Rex's speed shop the bike currently has a six wire cdi but there is 7 wires the spare wire is red from the bikes loom I also have 5 wires coming from my stator but the bike starts and runs now with the cheap 6 wire cdi thanks