Hiding wires behind headlight

Spike101uk
This post is 2622 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I've installed a new headlight on my xv125,  but it's slightly smaller bowl than the stock and therefore can't fit a lot of the wiring connections and plugs in to hide them, does anyone know of a way to hide I'm thinking make a small black metal box behind the bowl to secure them and neaten it up.

20170116_142936

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Looking at your picture, I assume the connectors cannot be relocated under the tank,

Could you use a length of old inner tube to create a sock that could be cable tied either end,

I can also see a leather tote type bag, is this a permanent feature on your bike, if so could it be mounted above or close enough to allow the connectors to fit through the bottom of the bag?

If I was going to use a box, before I made anything I would look at perhaps using a small food container with a tight fitting lid,

I was able to fit the workings of a flasher unit into a plastic glove pot that I pinched from my wife’s hair dye kit,

No automatic alt text available.

• Like 2

Yeah if you leave them like that your going to have problems with water and dip shits that fiddle with the wiring, as Nayruf said it's just a case of finding what will fit behind the light and still keep the water out. Someone said about an old inner tube over the wires and a zip tie at each end would do the trick in another answer on here.

certainly no good out in the elements like that...asking for trouble in the wet climates we have, kinda like the piece of inner tube idea so long as water cannot get into that either...has to be done right this one does, maybe another option is a SWA cable gland sleeve of a suitable size, so long as the open end faces downwards so it cant hold water

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=swa+cable+gland+sleeve&biw=1600&bih=1075&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi8qf6krM_RAhWJOsAKHcWACN8Q_AUIBygC

I think sacrificing the toolbag on the forks is the best idea, its supposed to be there anyway.

When I did this on my old lc, (2 small spot lights instead of the big light) I rewired all the headlight junk so any connections were under the seat and rear body. All I had then was the wires needed for the headlights at the headlights. Looked a treat. With the switchgear wires in the bars it really tidy's the bike, depends how much you like wiring.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online