indicator warning buzzer

nigel smith
This post is 2643 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all its been a while i hope everyone is good.

i have purchased a couple of piezo buzzers from ebay. i was wondering if it would be possible to wire one to my indicator relay as a warning buzzer and if so how to wire it?

i believe the buzzers are power red wire and zero vaults black wire ( i could be wrong)

also the bike has hazard warning lights if that makes a difference

thanks in advance

nige

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok, as you should really be wearing ear plugs or some sort of sound protection, probably have a fruity exhaust. Just how loud are these buzzers, even without all that you wont hear them over 10mph.

You can barely talk to your pillion in traffic if your helmet is of any quality.

Bad idea.

Doesn't stop you saying bollox to my view and doing it anyhow, some of my best mods to my old land rover (there were many) were fuelled by somebody saying:

"Idiot you can't do that",

Nah, that's fed from left overs coming back along the earth path. Wont have the power for an inductive load like a buzzer.

Could try wiring it same as the relay, put a positive feed to the piezo and then link the neg to the indicator switch INPUT which is an earth path. It should earth with the lamps. I say should depends on power and what type of indicators you have, etc. I think I would try that first myself.

Ok, not sure on the piezo bit. just think the idiot light is a weak power source.

I had a buzzer on my Honda some years ago 86A2018B90866264D404C397332A2135321DA0CAthis was the diagram it came with, well similar anyway, should give you an idea on how it wires in. looked similar to this one Related image

Related imageRelated image

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online