John Chisholm

John Chisholm
This post is 2658 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
3 hours ago, John Chisholm said:

Ticking noise on xj600 when engine hot

very pleased for you

• Like 2

Yeah me to!

Just as an aside you do know that (Ticking noise on xj600 when engine hot ) means nothing don't you? All engines tick in one way or another and unless your really good at explaining it a video is much better than any description can ever be. So next time you decide to say something in as few words as possible you might try to at least actually describe what your writing about. Now your thinking that I am a total wanker cos you think we are taking the piss, yes? Well were not, taking the piss that is, we might indeed be wankers, take a look at your post, pretend that it was written by somebody else to you and then decide if it really is the best you could have done. just sayin!

Oh and your intro to the site, is a one word intro really the best you could have done? No "Hello" or "my name is and I have this problem with my bike". Think about it if you met someone for the first time and they said "Yamaha" to your face then waited for you to figure out that was an introduction then your going to die of starvation before they offer you a reply don't you think? Again just an observation.

• Like 1

Thank you John, nice to meet you to mate :D. Yeah a video would be great cos then we can all see what your problem is, we might even have an answer for you, just so you know we are not professional bike mechanics just a bunch of folks who like to help out if we can.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, slice said:

Thank you John, nice to meet you to mate :D. Yeah a video would be great cos then we can all see what your problem is, we might even have an answer for you, just so you know we are not professional bike mechanics just a bunch of folks who like to help out if we can.

OK thanks

balance the carbs & reset the mixture strength if it is an early YICS  version remember to block the swill chambers .. but from memory there were only a few 600's with a YICS head

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online