What is it?

Retrojoe
This post is 2615 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

DSC_0235_zpsonds69td.jpg?w=480&h=480&fitDSC_0234_zpsov16pozb.jpg?w=480&h=480&fitHi guys, 

My brother sold me this motorbike years ago for £80. It's in boxes, I've never seen it together. I don't really know what it is, I'm a car guy, I've never worked on bikes before. When he sold it to me he said he thought it was a dt70? I've Googled a bit and can't find much on that... Can anybody shed any light? It's water-cooled... 

The cylinder and piston are scored so it needs a rebore or a replacement, what's best? 

Cheers guys 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

GET THE FRAME NUMBER JOE ,its on R/h side of head stock.it might be painted over,  rub on it with sand paper, [ you"l need it anyway for Reg,

On a MX track its epic, the A40 to Witney? Not so much.

Their race bikes. There what your DT dreams of being but reliability measured in hours rather than k miles.

• Like 3

That's good as I don't intend on using it on the road. 

So basically somebody else dismantled it and now I'm putting it back together. I don't know much about bikes and I've got lots of questions about how it goes together. Is there anybody who knows these well, who would be able to help me when I get stuck? 

Cheers 

• 3 weeks later...

You'll have to use a photo sharing site to add images. Not sure which ones are any good though (sorry). :headscratch:

I have started to use flikr, its free but as far as possible use bogus info, it wants you to share your soul with the world.

Different name and use a new email address, it will suggest one as you sign up. Then set everything to private or friends and family.

Then you just upload to it, click share and post the link on the forum. You can even limit the time the links are active for.

I'm rebuilding my daughters bike and posting is easy, takes moments.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online