Moving shock mount

Spike101uk
This post is 2644 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does anybody know of its possible to move the rear shock mount from existing one to the fender mounting hole on an xv125a about 3 inch to left and up a bit on pic  I'm assuming pretty simply if I installed a 10mm bush and used a high strength m10 bolt it and bolted it on it would be fine, but worry about the new angle of shock, basically I'm trying to lower it as much as I can and my curent shocks are 11.5 eye to eye and seen some that are 10.5 eye to eye, but want about 2.5 inch drop 

2016-12-30_10-37-22

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not saying you can't do it but is that not a mudguard mounting bolt? I would think that it's going to put a lot of strain on the casting, it might be ok but will it break in time would be my worry, lot's of bracing might fend off any problems or just buy a pair of shorter shocks! Got to be  a pair out there that fill your needs.

What about using a bracket-style lowering kit?

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online