Problems with my TDM 900

giuseppe_evangelista
This post is 2671 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everybody and Merry Christmas,

I have this problem, when I turn the engine on it goes with one cylinder for about four minutes +/-. Within this time sometimes it work both cylinders for some seconds and then again it happens till it is heated and works perfectly. I have changed sparks, cables, spark pipes and so on. Still cant' figure out which is exactly the problem. I really need some advices

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Carb blockage in cold start system on bad cylinder.

Still could be carb problem on bad cylinder (if it has carbs, what year is the bike).

Have you swapped the spark plugs good side to bad side?

The engine will need more fuel when it is cold and a stronger spark. If cold start or plugs are old the not working engine will have fuel but not enough so you will smell fuel.

Being a 900 it's fuel injected. Try the link below for info, these bikes are known to have issues with the cold start system

http://www.jbx9.16mb.com/

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks finnerz89 I'll give a check to the link. As for the sparks they are totally new as well as the rest of the cablage and pipes. What I have to see I think is if a strong spark comes out of the cable because I'm afraid that couyld be the magnet... Cylinders have a good compression and seem to work properly.. Thank you though for the advices! :D

My TDM is a 900 2007 year of production 65.000 km