DT175MX - Square Swingarm Model

mudcow007
This post is 2656 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all, im still building up "bits" for my basketcase that is my DT an just received a oil reservoir

Only is, i dont know if its the correct type for mine?

My bike is a Y2K type.

The oil bottle is the triangular type

exactly like this

100_0559.jpg

is this correct for my bike?

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes, if your building a basket case up buying parts from various places to get a complete bike unless your really bothered the later spec is the one to go for as parts will be relatively easier to find as it was made in greater numbers.

Secondly, Y2k? Huh.

The chassis numbers for 175's with a single shock start 2K4 its the numbers after that tell you the model code for parts:-

-000101 onwards are 2K4 (1978)

-010101 onwards are 2X2 (78-79) and similar (near identical) to the 2K4 both having the round sw arm and the above oil tank.

-020101 onwards are 4J4 (80-84ish) look the same excepting the now square sw arm and a different rear shock. More importantly the rear mudguard section at the heart of the bike mounting the air filter, battery, voltage reg (moved on the 4J4) and the oil tank is different. The ignition also has a different stator and cdi with an extra wire in the loom..

• Like 1

Sorry my mistake, I meant mine is a 2K4.

Balls, being that mine is the later box section swingarm, would that mean the oil reservoir isn't for mine.

Oil tanks seem to be like hens teeth, why are they so rare? I dont think I have actually seen any other type other then the one i just bought

Although there seems to be a few bits n' bobs in Germany for the later bikes (2K4)

thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online