Yamaha YBR 125 largest tyre size

Abcdf
This post is 2691 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

I want to change the rear tyre of my YBR 125, it's way too thin and I want to get a wider one.

I will change the rear tyre and put in in the front, buying a new tyre for the back.

What is the maximum size you think I can get? I tried a 100/90 and it fits, do you think a 110/90 will fit or it's too large for the rim?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

+1

I have seen Andrewelvisfan grinding the undercarriage on his SR with stock average rubber so why bother.

I have a YBR custom, as far as I know the frame and swing arm are the same. I have a 3.50 - 16 58p on the back of my bike, (Thats a 100/90 tyre in metric terms). You'd probably be able to get away with a slightly wider tyre, like the none I have, but you'd have to look at the spacing on either side of the tyre and just guess. 

For handling best stick to the standard size when you go wider it might look better but will handle worse as the wall of the tyre will have more movement 

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online