SR 125 Custom rebuild

jonny5
This post is 2642 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Nice one bud Not got a penny to my name ATM so she is on hold for now until i spare a ton to buy the silly little bits i need like bearings n bit but they all add up you know 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Know what you mean Jonny blackhat put it best mate any things possible it's just cash think we ort to do a bit of crowd funding ! Lol doing a car boot this weekend to finance a few more bits given up looking for a it airbox seen a universal enduro one for 20 quid gonna give that a try iam I will pick a more popular bike next time as it 125 stuff is mega rare have a good weekend mate

Time to throw a spanner in the work 

The ped i was using for work has started to develop issues (chinnese) so ive had to stop using it and pass her on before she isnt worth a penny so im forced to put the sr back on the road unfinished i wish i had another option but needs must 

IMG-20161209-WA0002_zpsxq7lvkzp.jpeg

Engine is back in and all electric are wired up but i this the netural sensor has gone so i cant test fire the engine 

Ride safe 

• Like 1

So ive managed to resovle the issue with the sensor ive had the engine turning over this morning whoop whoop 

But i cant get any dash lights highbeam, nuetral or indicators but i am getting the back light so ihave got power to it 

Ride safe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blackhat250 said:

What a bummer jonny,    ,  no other cheap peds on gumtree . ? 

Not close by bro and couldnt afford a cheap one even if i didnt pay my bills 

2 hours ago, Back in the day said:

Jonny stay away from the chinky shit I bourght a Suzuki 100erz for my 14 year old boy It hadn't been run for 10 years but some new fuel and a couple of kicks and it was ticking over a year done the line it's still trucking ! Would prefer a push bike to a chiinky bike good luck bro 

Needs must bud only had 400 budget and i couldnt wsit as i delivery pizza for a living so everyday. I was. Losing 120 so didnt have a choice really 

I did a little work on the chinky today the diaphram in the carb had split and piston rings are going she still runs well but ill pass her on 

Just gunna pop some Pics of the sr in photobucket shes looking bloody good considering she is half finished

IMG-20161210-WA0002_zpsemaph0az.jpeg

IMG-20161210-WA0004_zpsgrmoawpx.jpeg

IMG-20161210-WA0006_zpsbwswc23s.jpeg

IMG-20161210-WA0012_zpsv1vjvlyh.jpeg

IMG-20161210-WA0014_zpsyi8setta.jpeg

IMG-20161210-WA0016_zpsk9vvljs3.jpeg

Just gotta put a new tube in front wheel and some fuel and she be running 

Forgot the exaust 

Ride safe lads 

• Like 2

Hi guys 

So she is all bk 2g4 having a little engine trouble the revs keep increasing on idle and wen i give some throttle the revs dont die bk down just revs higher and higher

The throttle isnt sticking niether is the slider in the carb any ideas

Thanks for poping in  

Didnt remove the manifold, hasnt been fuel starved, fuel flow is good and yea the fuel cap is venting fine its confusing the shit out of me why its climbing maybe its trying to idle very high possibly thats y it keeps climbing

My gasket on the exhaust needs doing but wouldnt have thought that could be a cause 

Take the cam cover off and use a feeler gauge to check your gaps, easy and straight forward. Should take about an hour to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I even removed the air filter placed my hand over air intake and she dies so deffo dont think its a air leak could it be sonething broken in the engine so the piston is running freely with no resitance 

As its happened before to somebody else. How much fuel is in it?

Its not unknown for the floats to stick causing the engine to run out of fuel, as it runs down slow the engine revs can rise.

If you put finger in the back of carb, lift the slide ,and let it go,  does it return [ clunk]  to the bottom, and screw outthe idle screw,. you should see slide go as low as thers virtually no gap,,  then crew air screw in fully,  see what happens,

• Like 1