It /dt project

Back in the day
This post is 2666 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sorry drewpy new to forums and didn't know the drill. Thanks for your reply Paul having real trouble logging into the site having to change my password every time I try to log on anyway back to the bike will measure the carb and get the number off it. The bike has a expansion pipe fitted it came with a rear silencer in the box of bits but it's a right hand exit and the expansion pipe finishes on the left hand side of the bike. Will post photos soon as I said the bike was bourght as a project nice blasted and powder coated frame and fully rebuilt engine and box so a great base to start with it needs a seat cover and a few bits and bobs I would prefer a airbox Paul but if you think a k an n will be ok I will give it ago. Seatcover came this morning nick from motoduro told me the seat base was off a it125! The plot thickens I will look for engine and frame numbers over the weekend to get to the bottom of things . I heard the bike run briefly when I picked it up I was told it had only been started a couple of times since the rebuild and not ridden. It sounded fine with bags of compression I took the guys word every thing had been rebuilt I can see the kickshaft gear splines coming out of thr gearbox are brand new and the kickstart lever is brand new so that's good news . All the electrics minimal but are either very tidy or new. Iam going for the white it 175 look I think they look great and timeless hoping to get close to airheads standard of finish! Great looking bikes by the way Paul hope to hear from you guys soon rich .

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Use your user name instead of your e-mail

• Like 1

Hi folks Jonny and his sr are putting me to shame but then Mrs back in the day won't let me put the bike on the kitchen table! I have now got the numbers off my bike the it frame no is 8 or3 R905089 D and the dt engine number 2 K4068201. And the outside diameter of the air filter end of the carb is 43 mm  if anybody can help with the mystery of what combo I have I would be very grateful cheers rich

Heh thanks Paul did the dt engine numbers mean anything to you can't see any numbers on the carb just the usual mikuni corp logo going for a v5 and a day time mot any advice considering frame and engine numbers don't match would love to go for a ride out with you guys sometime soon cheers rich 

what do you want to know about the engine number other than it's a DT175MX? I cant help with registration sorry but I expect it'll be registered as an IT125, don't know how a 175 engine will fit with that? your best bet would be to have a word with Paul Dawkins or someone who knows about this stuff, might be best to investigate this hurdle before spending too much time and money on the bike??

Has it been on the road, ?,  do you have a number plate,  if not,   they"l make you jump thru hoops, and then order an inspection , AND

if the bike is made of too many different parts, it will be a Q plate,

Thanks for your help Paul still trying to work out how to get a v 5 without jumping through hoops ! I was hoping this bike was going to be a keeper will post some photos soon iam a technophobe so will ask the kids for help now I know the frames a 125 it looks like yz125 airbox is the same as it125 easier to source maybe still wondering if your dt box would be a better bet when you said maybe problematic did you mean space or just no lugs to fit to anyway will brave the frozen wasteland that is my garage this weekend how often do you guys have ride outs and are they ever in the southwest? thanks again for your time and cool advice rich

no one really does rideouts much although a few of us will meet up a few times through the summer. Yeah it will have no means of fitting a DT175 airbox, it would be better to source the right one but they'll be rare as the IT bike wasn't sold in big volumes!

Yeh the $ -£  has fooked buying from Usa,  just now,   the shippin took a hike when greedy ebay  took over [ Global shipping]  they realised they were missing out  on a cut,  bastards,

in 2008 it was 2.08 $  to the £. buying in the states was great ,B)

Spent most of last night looking for a couple of side panels and a airbox I think they are the same as yz but still no luck other than USA or oz any ideas looking for new plastics loving your photos black hat some really cool bikes there would love to have the black dt in the garage  and the girlfriend s weren't bad either !

• Like 1

Hi folks iam trying to post some photos from a iPad  iam not too bad with a spanner but more than useless with computers any advice please .I saw a dt 250 with a 400 fitted running on a q complete bike everything their not seized for 400 quid on the net last night sent a late text and rang first thing it sold gutted I was dreaming of a black hat replica !! 

YOU NEED TO upLOAD your pcs to a hosting site, [ photobucket ]  then,  copy ,from there ,and paste on here, , ..

As for your build goes ,anthting is possible ,  its just a case of money, :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice I know I should be concentrating on one project at a time but after seeing your 400s I was gutted missing out on the one I saw on the net the other night you hardly ever see them on the net let alone at that price! Must stop dreaming and brave the North Pole like garage and move forward! 

http://s1244.phobucket.com

Hi blackhat iam still having trouble posting any photos I have opened a photo bucket acc and uploaded them to a album but pasting them to the site iam just going round in circles mate said Iwas a crap with computers as you can see I have managed to post the album number of the image god give me a bike and a manual any day any help I would be real grateful thanks rich

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online